Warranty Information & Request
Thank you for choosing Hall Quality Homes. We believe that purchasing a home is one of the biggest investments you will make. Our customer relationships are very important to us and we are committed to your satisfaction with your new Hall home. We offer peace of mind in protecting your investment with a one year limited Home Warranty. This section is designed to provide you with access to important information on the maintenance, care, and service of your new home.
Warranty & Maintenance Information
How It Works
- Two Warranty lists are given at the customer orientation.
- Your one year limited home warranty begins when you get your keys.
- We check in with you twice during your warranty period to make sure everything in your home is operating as it should. We do this:
30 DAYS after your warranty starts & 11 MONTHS after your warranty starts
- Any items that need to be addressed during the 12 month warranty period should be submitted through the warranty request service or via paperwork provided at the customer orientation. A Hall Quality Homes representative will manage your warranty requests.
- In the event you encounter a situation that needs immediate attention, please do not wait to contact us or one of the emergency numbers listed in your packet. These numbers are also provided below for quick reference.
Here are some of the items covered under your limited warranty. Refer to your homeowner’s guide for a complete list.
- Leaky Hose Bibs
- Defective plumbing materials
- Faulty Siding
- Door/Knob adjustments
- Garage Door adjustment
- Non-Working Lights, plugs, or switches
- Flooring (tile, vinyl, carpet)
- Grout Touchup (Offered at 11-month review)
- Drywall texture and nail pops
- Paint Touch up
- Door adjustments
- Non-working lights, plugs or switches
- Loose Handrails
- Loose/Warped Cabinet Doors
- Loose/Chipped Counters
- Shower door adjustment
- Leaky plumbing
- Plumbing material defects
- Non-working fireplace
- Manufacturer warranty only
- Non-working heat/HRV system
- Airflow/Balance adjustments
- Non-working thermostat
- Leaking condensation line
- Non-working exhaust fan
- Latch Hardware
- Missing Screens
- Squeaks in floors/stairs
- Water intrusion - plumbing leak, roofing, window failure, window flashing
Maintaining Your Home
A booklet entitled “Your New Home and How to Take Care of It” was provided at your customer orientation meeting. This book contains many great tips on how to maintain your home and to help keep it looking new and functioning properly. Please spend some time becoming familiar with the contents to help avoid many larger warranty issues by maintaining your new home properly.
These are simple things you can do to keep your home running efficiently.
- Inspect and change out HRV and Furnace filters
- Test smoke/carbon dioxide detectors.
- Test Garage Door Opener (if applicable)
- Replace batteries in smoke/carbon dioxide detectors.
- Vacuum around and behind the refrigerator.
- Check the exterior drainage. Puddles should not stand around your home for more than 24 hours.
- Clean out gutters (if applicable)
- Check grout in bathrooms, kitchen, etc.; repair as needed.
- Inspect for plumbing leaks.
- Check and clean dryer vent, other exhaust vents to exterior of home. Also vacuum the lint from the hose at the dryer.
- Remove all hoses from exterior of the home
- Get furnace serviced/inspected
- Check driveway for cracks, re-seal before winter.